|Design & Drafting Service Includes:
• Support product engineering and manufacturing teams with expertise during the different phases of project development process.
• Design new parts, coordinate the prototyping phase and actively supports the building and assembly process.
• Produce detailed manufacturing drawings as Autodesk AUTOCAD FORMATS .dwg, .dxf. SOLIDWORKS FORMAT .slddrw. CREO PARAMETRIC FORMAT .drw. STANDARDS CAD DRAWING FORMATS .stp (STEP), .igs (IGES). eDRAWING FORMAT .edrw. STereoLithography .stl (rapid prototyping format). PORTABLE DOCUMENT FORMAT .pdf and UNIVERSIAL 3D .u3d.
• Research, review and check ECO for discrepancies against information provided in ECOs. Consult with development engineer and Change Order Requesters to resolve discrepancies and issues. Update and validate part numbers and BOMs. Ensure all ECO changes occur in a timely manner and perform the necessary follow-up to prevent any conflicts or delays to business goals.
• Interface with designing, and manufacturing on a standard fundamental to guarantee prototype is built to drawing/spec on time and within budget.
Become a CAD Design Expert
Tony offers one-on-one CAD training to help you with your project: subjects easy to learn in AutoCAd, SolidWorks, Creo, and Enovia PLM to help you design product better, faster and cost-effectively. Topic includes: Reference Planes - 3D Sketch - Composite Curves - Projected Curves - Guide Curves - Lofted Surface - Ruled Surface - Radiate Surface - Core & Cavity - Sweep & Loft - Sheet Metal Forming - Weldments - Top Down Assembly - Bottom Up Assembly - Dynamic Blocks - External References - Extracting Data - Attributes and more.
MFG Techniques: CNC Machining
Machining processes that have traditionally been done on conventional machine tools that are possible with CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machining centers include all kinds of milling (face milling, contour milling, slot milling, drilling, tapping, reaming, boring, counter boring, etc.). Most CNC machine types have two or more programmable directions of motion called axes. An axis of motion can be linear (along a straight line) or rotary (along a circular path). One of the first specifications that implies a CNC machine's complexity is how many axes it has. Common linear axis names are X, Y, and Z. Common rotary axis names are A, B, and C...read more
The Basic Tools to Do-It-Yourself
• Tools for Building Circuits — Multimeter - Pliers: Long-nose pliers, needle-nose pliers, slip-joint pliers. Tweezers: Blunt-nose tweezer, fine-point tweezer. Screwdrivers & Wrenches: Nutdrivers, standard screwdrivers, miniature screwdrivers, Allen wrenches, Crescent wrenches. Cutters & Knives: Miniature blunt-nose cutters, pointed-nosed cutters, heavy-duty diagonal cutters, scissors, ultility knife, nibbling tool, scratch awl kit. Terminal crimping tool - RJ-45 crimping tool - Modular-plug criping tool - Coaxial connector crimping tool - PCB vise - ESD straps - Tackle boxes - Solder kit - Solder vise - Soldering tip assortment - Desoldering vacuum tool - Wire-striping/wrapping/wrapping combination tool.
• Metalworking Basic Tools — Small bench-mount drill press - Electric drill - Center set punch - Machinist's vise - 1/16" to 1/2" drill bits set - Countersink bits - ANSI tap & drill set - 1/2" Hand reamer - 6" Machinist metal ruler - Measuring tape - 6" Caliper - Needle files set - Small ball peen hammer - Small rawhide mallet - Claw hammer - Tin snips - Hacksaw - Combination wrench sets - Socket wrench set - Allen wrench set - Screwdriver set - Adjustable wrench set - Medium vise grip - Metal files set - Deburring tools - Drilling/Tapping fluid - Dremel tool - Safety goggles.
• Specialty from the Surplus Store — Small gears - Cams - Levers - Hoses - Pumps - Rechargeable batteries - DC motors - Control cables - Wheel bearings - Chains - Break calipers - Wheels - Spockets - Brake linings - Bearings - Shafts - Bushings - Spacers - Angle brackets - Nuts & Bolts.