Expertise in Mechanical Modeling, Designing, Drafting, Sustaining, Coordinating, Scheduling, Documenting, and Sourcing. Technical Support includes Design and Modify 3D CAD models and 2D drawings, writing, revising SOPs and work instructions, verifying BOMs and part lists, working with offshore partners, vendors, and suppliers, creating and processing ECO, ECR, and MCO, and Services Topic Specific Links for anyone that works as a Technical Supporter. Related keywords: AutoCAD, Solidworks, Creo, GD&T, Design, Drafting, Manufacturing, Documentation, Material, Metal Finishing, Standard, Quality, and Compliance. Need support? Simply click on the email address link on the bottom right of the page.
HI ALL! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tony Nguyen, born and raised in Saigon, Vietnam. Came to the U.S as a refugee and was fortunate enough to finish an Engineering Science program at a college in San Jose. I’ve been doing engineering support for the last 10 years and I specialize in assisting engineers and startup companies in manufacturing their innovative products. And in the last three years of the Covid pandemic, I have helped a couple of clients from Silicon Valley in different industries. Working at home I’ve been able to help my clients really achieve their goals and reduce engineer’s workload by 20% to 35% in less than six months of the contract. And that’s what I am passionate about. In fact, I have listed some of those clients that I’ve worked with on my resume and on ViBa Direct.
I have extremely strong technical skills. I’ve worked as an engineering assistant for more than ten years in several industries, and I am specialized in mechanical drafting, documentation, compliance, and standard when it comes to support. I’ve always been a natural solutionist. With more than 10 years of experience in design and manufacturing support, I can help to ease product manufacturing and simplify the part assembly process in New Product introductions or production runs. That being said, I would be delighted to offer long-term services to your company. Kindly consider this proposal and Tony Nguyen in case you have queries or clarification. Thank you so much for your time.
• – Assists in a project plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget. Develop statements of work, including design requirements, cost, and schedule estimates. Creates and modifies 3D CAD models and 2D drawings in Creo/Solidworks/AutoCAD to support project requirements. Converts policy and procedural decisions, complex ideas and concepts into well-designed and easily understood documentation and instructional materials.
• – Coordinates with Global Supply Managers and Corporate Procurement teams to get engineering project objectives accomplished. Interact with project management, hardware design, purchasing, and assembly personnel in support of project efforts. Coordinates promotional and non-promotional materials review and approval processes. Maintain in-depth knowledge of approval process routing grids per SOP and route the materials for approvals accordingly. Perform Quality Check review on the materials prior to routing.
• – Develops and updates optimal operation sequences for parts and assemblies; engage with the manufacturing floor to resolve issues, write, revise SOPs, and work instructions. Manages large assembly using top down or modular product architecture strategies. Convert detailed technical solutions into CAD-models and derives the related drawings.
• – Prepares manufacturing details drawing, BOMs verification, CAD validation, part, and assembly structure, revision to revision comparison, model tolerance, and manufacturing interoperability from CAD to CAM. Prepares design layouts and modifies existing designs to satisfy customer and production requirements. Verify parts lists, assembly call-outs, view cross-references, tolerance stacking, correct symbology and abbreviations, and datasheets.
• – Reviews current design files and drawings, recommends and/or performs modifications, and creates new and/or updates existing as needed, to provide standardization. Reviews component specifications to determine if it complies with the RoHS, REACH, WEE, and California Proposition 65 requirements, and obtain the relevant certification documents from the component supplier as objective evidence of compliance to RoHS. Obtains product CoC, and technical information/compliance from other businesses as required.
• – Investigates product's detailed information and specifications to learn how it was designed, how it works, and create an OMS for aid Mfg. assemblers build complex machine build systems. Typically involves disassembly of 3D models, restructuring the BOM, and then analyzing, testing, and documenting the processes. Investigates analysis data from multiple record sources, communicates with remote team members, and compiles results in MS Excel-based spreadsheet or Google spreadsheet.
• – Utilizes Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) tools, to develop and maintain mechanical components, assemblies, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle.
– • Assists in the preparation and coordination of internal and external audits to international and US standards and quality policies and procedures. Assists other technicians with material creation as required. Assists in the development of system documentation and training materials as well as training processes and OMS. Assists with Configuration Management BOM structuring new products.
– • Supports the planning, release, and implementation of Engineering Changes through Agile, Arena, and Enovia PLM workflow process. Reviews and processes the Bill of Materials, and maintains complex data sets from multiple Product Data Management System Databases.
– • Works with Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing Quality, and other supporting functions to accurately create/maintain Bill of Material (BOM) structure, related revisions, and SKU configurations. Request Material Master, BOM, and Change Master inSAP/IFS.
– • Creates and executes revisions and change controls for models and drawings in Enovia, Arena, or Agile PLM. Builds, manage and process Engineering Change Orders, Engineering Change Requests, and Manufacturer Change Orders. Creates, and updates required technical documentation. Assist in the development of system documentation and training materials as well as training processes and OMS. Creates and/or maintains high-quality documentation across a family of products to support a large-scale operational team. Follows Good Documentation Practices.
– • Identifies outdated documentation, inconsistency, duplication, and gaps in existing documentation throughout the current repository and deprecates documents that are obsolete and can be archived. Maintains familiarity with industry practices, trends, and applications to enhance the organization’s technical capabilities.
– • Ensures consistency in labeling, linking, sorting, logical document indexing, and categorizing documents for ease of use and navigation, including process mapping by adhering to set standards. Ensures documentation integrity. Establishes documentation templates. Drive timely part setup, BOM releases, and BOM changes to support new product development. Track and provide updates to engineering and operations about the status of the parts creation workbook and activities. Ensure changes with related documentation are communicated to affected parties.
› › › Knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards, and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables.
› › › Ability to collaborate and work closely with the customer, vendor, supplier, manufacturer, and the rest of the project team in the U.S, EU, and Asia. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects. Define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to document complex policies and operational procedures in logical and easy-to-read sequential format.
› › › Ability to technically lead the CAD/PDM/PLM implementation project and development. Ability to proof, revise, and edit documentation to ensure both accuracy and quality of content. Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets engineering mechanical & electrical specifications, governmental regulations, and compliances. Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles, and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
› › › Experience working in R&D, NPI, Defense, and ITAR product development process documentation per required process (e.g. Standard Operating Procedure [SOP] on SOPs) in accordance with agreed timelines and in adherence with format, content, and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency, and quality.
› › › Experience with 3D CAD software such as AUTOCAD, SOLIDWORKS, and CREO. Graphic design software such as Adobe ILLUSTRATOR, PHOTOSHOP, PDF "portable document format", and Microsoft Office suite of products. Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing ASME Y14.5-2009. Production drawings with a limit system. Knowledge of design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), design for cost objective (DTC), and design for reliability (DFR).
› › › Experience managing, organizing, and maintaining large quantities of data. Understanding of data integrity across the supply chain. Experience with Product Data Management (PDM) tools, such as SOLIDWORKS EPDM, and PTC Windchill. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)tools, such as 3DEXPERIENCE Enovia, Arena SOLUTIONS, and ORACLE Agile with regard to Bills of Material management. Knowledge of Product Development process and Engineering Change Order (ECN / ECR /ECO / MCO / PCO) process. Knowledge of end-to-end engineering change management. Master Data Management (MDM), Excel, Sap, Agile, and Change Analyst.
› › › Proficient time management and multitasking ability while prioritizing multiple functions and tasks with competing priorities without compromising quality. Strong work ethic, excellent judgment, sense of responsibility, diplomacy, and ability to work under pressure.
› › › Technical writing abilities and good time management. Excellent in communication, written and verbal, with ability to work with all levels of the company.
‹ • › Engineering Science — Mission College, Santa Clara, CA — 2000 — A.S
‹ • › Designing with Plastics — GE Plastics, Santa Clara, CA — 2000 — Certified
‹ • › Mechanical Design Drafting Technology — Mission College, Santa Clara, CA — 1998 — Certified
‹ • › Solidworks Fundamentals & Advancing — UD CAD, Santa Clara, CA — 1997 — Certified
‹ • › Numerical Control Programming I & II — San Jose City College, San Jose, CA — 1995 — Certified
‹ • › MasterCam Fundamental — San Jose City College, San Jose, CA — 1995 — Certified
‹ • › Machine Tool Technology — San Jose City College, San Jose, CA — 1994 — Certified
Quality - Service - Commitment. Aside from picking a profession, we're passionate about, where we work can have a huge impact on our day-to-day job satisfaction, too. I have worked with companies across the San Francisco Bay Area and thought I could add your company to the list. Thank you for visiting my page. If I can be of assistance in project coordination, mechanical design, drafting, engineering documentation, and product illustration. Please do not hesitate to Tony Nguyen. I can provide excellent technical support when you need it, a quick solution, and a strategic approach to your need to help you produce with a well-planned process.